Sunday, September 12, 2021

Bookmarks designed by Hands of Blessing Designs

I want to share a few of my designs with you today.  I started crocheting when I was a child but never really caught on until my senior year of college.  I found a big hook and a heavy cotton yarn, and away I went.  Even then, I made up my own pattern (very simple) and figured out how to make a throw blanket.


Fast forward a lot of years until I'm in my mid-30's, with two small children plus a 10-year-old and a full time job.  My husband and I tag teamed babysitting for a few years so I was home in the evening with the children.  


My work supervisor and her daughter and daughter-in-law started a consignment gift shop in town, and I decided to try my hand at selling Christmas ornaments.  I began crocheting with tiny hooks and crochet thread instead of yarn, and finally managed to make white snowflakes - the kind you have to starch so they hang stiff on the Christmas tree.  


My crocheting saga has turned many corners.  The current emphasis of my journey is bookmarks.  Most often a bookmark is rectangle shaped, and I do have those in my pattern catalogue.  Today, though, I would like to introduce you to my heart-shaped bookmarks which slide down over the corner of the page(s).  Both sides are identical and have a wide enough space between the layers to accommodate several pages in case you want to mark two locations.

It's a unique way to mark the last spot you ended your reading.  This particular design is called "A Corner for My Heart.  




A Corner For My Heart




Butterfly Corner




No comments:

Post a Comment