Friday, May 25, 2012

Here we are already at the end of May and Memorial Day weekend.  I am proud to be an American.  Several members of my family have served in the Armed Forces including one of my children.  Thank a veteran this weekend.

The last two weeks I have had to be in my hometown and together with my sister make preparations to put our mother is a care facility.  Such a hard decision finding an appropriate placement.  Then explain it to her in a way that is gentle.  The major decisions have been made so for the next few days we will be moving her belongings and by the end of next week, the move will be completed.

Next to prayer and faith, one of the best things I can do to relieve this stress is knit or crochet.  My projects recently have included work on a shawl and now a cape crocheted in size 10 crochet thread.  Gives me time to clear my mind.  These are new designs. 

I also have been exploring the Bonanza website as another avenue to sell patterns.  It is set up with games for the sellers and a way to earn reward points to offset the (minimal) service charges.  Makes it a little more interesting.  Check out http://www.bonanza.com/booths/handsblessing and the rest of Bonanza also. 

Today I spent a few hours in a neighboring town with lots of great shops.  The LYS was going out of business.  I was able to add Knitting Block By Block, by Nicky Epstein, to my library for half price.  Wow! 

Enjoy being with family and friends this holiday weekend.  Honor a veteran.

Blessings.